Photo by: Dorian M.
Description: This photo was part of our “Grab Bag” assignment, which was really just a random assignment. I was fairly happy to have gotten crayons, though I substituted the 12 jumbo crayons for a few dozen Crayolas to better be able to express what I saw, and not destroy Meyerhoffs crayons. I shot in raw so that I could go back and play with lighting, ink out the background, and really make the colors of the crayons pop. I am pretty happy with the overall effect. Melting down the crayons was fun and I liked trying to find different angles to get the shot.

10 comments:
I like how the color of the crayons stands out very clearly!
I like how the color of the crayons stand out very clearly!
Nik-PHS
The colors of the crayons you melted for this picture really attract the viewer’s eyes, and the focus on the red crayon creates a focal point to your piece. I enjoy the amount of color you used in the composition and how you were able to capture such a serene mood in such an eclectically colored photograph.
Overall, I have to say, I enjoy the picture greatly, and was unaware melting crayons could create such a beautiful effect.
The photo has different colors that run into the picture. The wax from crayons makes it look unique.
The photographer used curved lines with different colors to bring to make the photo stand out more.
This photo could use some more lighting. There could be less blurry in the colors.
This photo reflects the mood of someone that just wants to draw but in a good mood.
Absolutely gorgeous! I really like how the picture is angled because it makes the photo really cool to look at. The dark side of the photo also really helps to make the colors of the crayons pop. Really nice work! ^~^
i really love this picture. you had such a creative idea and the bright colors against the background look great. i like the movment this picture has also.you did a great job :)
-Cd SPHS
I love the creativeness of this picture. The bright crayons are a great contrast to the dark background. Although, I think the blue crayon could of been made brighter and the entire image brought into focus a little bit more.
-SPHS: ARB
The liquid, melted feel is my favorite part of this photo. If the picture was taken with the focus down a little, I feel that the picture wouldn’t be as good. The texture and the focus really add to the picture. When looking at this, I want to go make candles.
I like how vibrant the colors are against the black cloth. You have really good curved lines. You have a nice tonal range. However I think the photo is a little too out of focus. Perhaps a wider view of the photo with a little more focus would bring this photo to life. The photo has a lot of potential, and I think with more shots it can really work.
~BK FPHS.
I like your idea, first off. The lime green and white "river" is perfect, and it's contrasted beautifully with the red crayon next to it. I would be interested to see if it would look better or worse if the whole picture was in focus, not just the the middle section. Overall, great job!
-NP, SPHS
Post a Comment